One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bennett the Uncooperative Baby

Ever since Bennett was born, I've been saying that I hoped he'd be a late walker. I was hoping to avoid the heavy-duty babyproofing till we moved, and I was also hoping that he wouldn't be able to climb the Christmas tree.

No such luck.

The little punk decided he could walk almost a month ago...well before Halloween. So much for waiting till after Christmas. At about 8 1/2 months, he was able to take 8 to 10 steps without any help/support. He do at least 15 or 20 now, but walking is still just a fun game for him, not his primary mode of transportation.

Mom and Dad are visiting us at the moment. The last time they were here was early September. In the two months since they last saw Bennett, he's gotten two teeth, learned how to crawl, and started walking. He's been a busy little kid. We're really proud of our little man--mostly because he's so sweet and happy and healthy and easy-going...I could probably do without all this over-achieving in the walking department. (But he really is cute, waddling around like a drunken Sumo wrestler!)

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures for this post. I need to upload a bunch from our camera. I promise to share them once I get that done.

5 Comments:

  • I'm scared to DEATH of Audrey walking! I was changing her on the living room floor the other day and noticed how much dangerous/breakable stuff I have at knee-level or less. I stand to hurt my daughter and/or loose a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff if I don't change something.

    Yikes.

    By Blogger Faloopa Jones, at 3:42 PM  

  • It's a good thing they aren't born walking, eh? You have at least 5 or 6 months before she can crawl herself into danger--you have plenty of time to procrastinate about baby-proofing. (We didn't do any baby-proofing till Bennett crawled over to the wall and reached up to investigate an electrical socket.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:30 PM  

  • I just wanted to say thanks SOO much for the prayers on little Shiloh's behalf! Jenn and Filipe have been amazed at how many people got involved in this and have truly laid this burden at the Lord's feet. I can see such a difference in Jenn this week, compared to last week- these prayer are working and it is fun to see what else the Lord is going to do!! Thanks again Gina!

    By Blogger Tara, at 5:11 PM  

  • Gina what a fun surprise!!! Thank you for your comments about our little girl. We are so excited!

    By Blogger Eric and Cheryl, at 11:18 AM  

  • Thanks so much for your encouragement and prayers! It has meant the world to me! We will be sure to keep you updated when we hear anything new!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home