One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Reason #2

In my fledgling series enumerating the many ways I make Cascade College proud that I am their Valedictorian of the Class of 1997, I present Reason #2...

It was TLC Sunday during my sophomore year at Cascade. Our choir was scheduled to perform at the singing portion of the day's events. Since we didn't have uniforms yet, I needed to wear a black and white outfit to services so I would be ready to perform if I didn't get a chance to go home that afternoon. Being Frosts, we were all running late that morning, but we were just about to walk out the door when I noticed how wrinkled my shirt was. Since the iron was still on from my mom's rush to get ready, I figured I had three choices: leave the house looking like a duffel bag, take off the shirt and flash my family while I ironed, or iron the shirt without removing it.

Guess which one I chose.

Yeah.

Now guess where the scar is.

What makes it even more awesome is that bandaging the burn took much longer than it would have taken for me to take off the shirt, put something else on, and iron it properly. What makes it super-awesome is that we had the starting time wrong and we ended up being half an hour early. What makes it super-duper-awesome is that I actually told people the truth when they asked me what happened to my arm.

Yep. I'm a genius.

5 Comments:

  • I remember that!!! And I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WIIIIITH you!!!

    By Blogger Meg, at 1:12 AM  

  • It's okay, you can go ahead and laugh AT me. I deserve it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:06 AM  

  • heh hehehehehehe do I really need to state anything substantive here?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

  • gina, the wierdest part about this story is that i know it! seriously, i have heard that story before and every time i need to iron my shirt i seriously consider leaving it on instead of ironing it properly...but then i remember this story and say WWGD?
    i mean, i know we were best friends in 1997 and all...but how have i heard this??? mind boggeling...

    By Blogger Tara, at 1:35 PM  

  • John, you had your chance. I sent you the invitation, and you declined.

    Tara, either we mind-melded at some point, or maybe I told it at camp. Or maybe one of the people I told thought it was so funny that I was so stupid that they repeated it to you. If that's the case, it must mean that I have done something legendary. Too bad it was legendarily stupid.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home