One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Well, That's a Bummer

I just found out that an innovative new show that I really, really enjoyed wasn't picked up for ABC's fall schedule.

Steve, Ty, and I may have been the only ones watching Sons and Daughters on Tuesday nights, but we really enjoyed it. I think it was too different from all the other shows out there, and that's why it didn't get a fair chance. God forbid someone in Hollywood do something that's actually creativeยก (Sorry, I'm a teensy bit bitter at the moment.)

It was partially improvised by a ridiculously talented cast, and remarkably well-acted to boot. The extended family the show centered around was hilariously flawed and dysfunctional, but also remarkably realistic. It was kind of painful to watch because they all had so many insecurities and issues, and a few of the characters were downright horrible, manipulative, passive-agressive, spiteful people--it sometimes made me squirm, but it always made me laugh. It was a veritable goldmine of funny, touching stories. And ABC ditched it.

Stupid ABC. I hope you're cursing yourself in September when the dreck that you chose to replace Sons and Daughters bombs. (Karma will make sure it bombs. Just ask Earl).

10 Comments:

  • I'm with ya, as are all right-minded people.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:28 PM  

  • BRIMCAS (is signification really a word, or did we just make that up...) beat me to the punch. Hijos y hijas remined me a lot of Arrested Development, and I wasn't so much liking that show. I only watched one or two episodes at Marm and Kdiddy's house, but that was enough for me. I liked the commercials for H&H/ S&D though. They seemed rather amusing...

    By Blogger arwen, at 8:32 PM  

  • I'm still pretty broken up about losing Arrested Development, too. Man, that was a great show. And the finale was genius.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:28 AM  

  • oh no! i'm all the sad. that show was brilliant.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 10:51 AM  

  • Don't believe him, Arwen. He's definitely crazy. That's why we're friends.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:22 PM  

  • i like the new template, very rad. Now i feel wierd about using rad since Arwen said she is using it now, but i swear ive been trying to bring it back, not just copying her. thats my disclaimer, it sucks, i know.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 12:29 PM  

  • Thanks, Lisa. Ty's been working on it to tweek it into shape. Here's the conversation we just had:

    Gina: Ah, much better. You rock.

    Ty: I know.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:40 PM  

  • i'm not going to read all the comments and what not, but I am in town until Tuesday. I'm scared to call law offices... you can e-mail me your number and I'll call you. I have absolutely no plans. Friday's prob not good cause it's my dad's birthday, but lets totally hang...
    morninggordon@verizon.net
    Funny story... Holland and Hart is super popular in the Gordon house... we totally wanted a job there for the summer... Ok. I'll wait for your e-mail.

    By Blogger arwen, at 7:34 PM  

  • YAY! We get to hang out with Arwen!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:23 PM  

  • We're AWESOME! Bet you're jealous!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home