One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, April 28, 2006

Hee hee: Top 8 Baby Names I'd Use If My Last Name Was Green

Re: My last post. I said all that to say this...

My maiden name is Frost. My parents could have named my brother Jack, but they are wise people and decided to choose sanity over humor. They could have given me any number of names that would have been appropriate for the marquee of an adult theater: Crystal, September, Summer, Autumn. My grandpa even suggested they name me Early. I think he was kidding, but you never know.

I would never, never chose a cutesy theme for my (theoretical) children's names. But I have an overactive sense of humor and too much time on my hands. I have to confess that if my last name was Green, or even Greene (as it might have been if I'd gotten along with my first college boyfriend a little better), I would be mightily tempted to choose names from this list.

1.) Forrest

2.) Hunter

3.) Kelly

4.) Sage

5. ) Teal

6.) Jade

7.) Olive

8.) Emerald

Did I forget any other choices?

P.S. Since I posted this so close (time, not proximity) to the one before it, feel free to post in the "What's in a Name?" post, too. I'm not a stickler for that "once a new post is up, the old one is closed to comments" blog etiquette. Or should that be "bletiquette"? Just think, someone probably named their daughter Bletiquette last week.

5 Comments:

  • No offense to any Crystals, Septembers, Summers, or Autumns out there. Those names only belong on a dirty movie marquee when combined with the last name Frost.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:36 PM  

  • 9. Winter

    10. Village

    11. Soylent

    12. Gan

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 11:06 PM  

  • Holly

    Lime

    Bo Ling

    Malachite

    Viridian

    Celadon

    Hey, I warned you that I was a Wikipedia addict.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:17 PM  

  • Jungle would be awesome. I'm now going to tell you a story: I always told husband that I wished we would have a little asian baby. Or a little african baby. He said he didn't like that because it would mean that he wasn't the father. But that's not what I meant... like by some miracle HE and I had a baby of a different race. Ok. I have to confess... I'm not sure at this point if this happened to me or to Jess... I know we both wanted little African babies though... WIGAH is that how great would it be (and maybe a little racist) to have a little African baby named Jungle... Jungle Flower Green(e)... how sweet. Don't think I'm a bad person. Please.

    By Blogger arwen, at 12:43 PM  

  • Soylent Green! Hahahaha! Bo Ling Green! BWAHAHAHAH!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home