One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, October 13, 2006

Shudder: Top 8 Jobs I Hope My Son Shuns

I'm not one of those people who has big plans for her kids' careers. Teacher, truck driver, pigeon trainer...no problem. I don't much care what this little guy decides to do when he grows up, as long as he's happy and fulfilled. Yep, I'll be proud of my boy no matter what he does, as long as he avoids these occupations:

1.) Mime

2.) Rapper

3.) Politician

4.) Pharmaceutical rep

5.) Paparazzi

6.) Cheerleader

7.) Pawn shop owner

8.) Michael Jackson impersonator

The same thing goes for any daughters we may have--espeically number 6. I just don't think I could hold my head high in public if my kid decided to become one of those. He might as well be a serial killer--the shame would be just as great.

7 Comments:

  • for REAL. the cheerleading thing... man. it's going to be a tough row to hoe if my spawn go that route.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 4:26 PM  

  • male cheerleaders are definetly compensating for well you know .....

    By Blogger dodyb, at 5:14 PM  

  • but pigeon trainer is ok?... what about that truck driver from Cops in the leopard print and makeup... that should be your honorable mention... that poor man's mother... not because of who he is, but because who is, was on Cops and is now notorious... Transvestite Trucker.

    By Blogger arwen, at 4:24 PM  

  • Arwen, I don't watch educational shows like Cops, so I didn't know Transvestite Trucker was an option. Just to clarify: this list isn't complete and exclusive. Just because I didn't include, say, serial killer, doesn't mean it's an approved occupation. (Although, I don't know if it's technically an occupation if it doesn't include regular paychecks and a 401k.)

    ReM and Dody: Word.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:18 AM  

  • :( sad face...
    no word for the transvestite trucker :( another sad face

    :D laughing face!

    By Blogger arwen, at 3:06 PM  

  • Judge on America's Next Top Model.

    Disclaimer: I realize you probably don't watch that show, being the classy gal you are.......but I just love it. Even with the ridiculous judges.

    By Blogger RoniZee, at 3:47 PM  

  • Roni, I think we can expand that one to Participant in ANY Reality Show. Ugh! I shudder at the thought!

    (I might make an exception for the Amazing Race, since by all accounts it actually has some redeeming value.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home