One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, September 01, 2006

Magical Mystery Tour: Top 8 Alfred Hitchcock Films

I watched a rerun of That 70s Show's Halloween episode the other day. They spoofed several Hitchcock films, including a couple of my favorites, so I decided to use that as the inspiration for this Friday's Top 8 List.

As you know, I was raised right, at least entertainment-wise. (Okay, in almost every way...including a strict "no onions allowed in the house" rule.) I remember several times in my early teens when we would rent a VCR (yes, we had to rent our VCRs back then) and a bunch of Hitchcock films and settle in for the night. Man, that weird old dude knew how to make a movie.

1.) Vertigo

2.) Rear Window

3.) To Catch a Thief

4.) North by Northwest

5.) Psycho

6.) Rebecca

7.) Dial M For Murder

8.) Marnie

If you haven't seen at least half of these movies, I can guarantee you that at least a dozen homages and parodies have gone right over your head. At least, if you watch the cartoons I do.

7 Comments:

  • this has nothing to do with your post, but i realized we need to see a pic of pregnant gina- even if your not showing too much yet. i will allow you to wait a month or 2 and then i truly hope to see that cute belly!

    By Blogger tara, at 12:55 PM  

  • I was actually thinking the same thing. How are you doing my little pregnant Mama?

    By Blogger Jess, at 12:09 AM  

  • Dude, you don't know what you're asking of me! I avoid cameras ALL the time, but especially when I'm an extra-wide load.

    But I love you and I want to make you happy, so I'll see what I can do. But there won't be any bikini pictures like a certain Hot Mama posted a while back.

    I'm feeling good (aside from the heartburn), and I still haven't made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight, which I'm sure I'll be happy about when it comes time to lose the baby weight. My doctor's not worried about it though--I had plenty of extra "fuel" stored, and the munchkin is growing the way he/she should, so we're guessing that my metabolism just sped up when I got pregnant. I'm enjoying the fact that I can eat my fill of pretty much anything I want and not worry about it. =)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:22 AM  

  • Gina take full advantage of eatting what you want while you can. You only get to use this excuse a few dear times in your life.

    By Blogger Jess, at 11:50 AM  

  • Well, to be honest, I never put much effort into resisting food-related temptation...which is why I'm never likely to be shopping for single-digit sizes again. But at least right now, I don't have to feel guilty about the extra cheese (it's for the calcium, really) and all the other fattening stuff that I probably should have been avoiding since high school, but have opted to just feel mildly guilty about instead. Nine months of guilt-free indulgence! One of the biggest perks of pregnancy (along with having every door opened for you and people offering cuts in line at the store and the restroom).

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:18 PM  

  • One word: Birds.

    By Blogger Jason Hill, at 4:43 PM  

  • I think The Birds fell victim to my generation's exposure to more modern special effects. Most Hitchcock movies I've seen are immune to that factor, but not The Birds. I saw it in the early 90s and just thought it was mock-worthy. (Maybe it was my mood that weekend, saw it the same time as West Side Story and hated them both.) The beginning was okay, but I couldn't get into it once the birds started to attack, it was too ripe for ridicule--and I seem to remember a lot of looped footage--as if Hitch didn't have enough cash for different shots. Plus, it didn't really have a mystery to solve, like most of them do. It was more of a horror film than a mystery/thriller. I'm not a fan of horror films in general because I find most of them too silly and walk out feeling like my intelligence has been insulted. Predictable sports movies? YAY? Talking animals? Sure. But horror movies. Please.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home