One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, September 22, 2006

Update: Pink or Blue?

The boy votes came in ahead by a 3-2 margin. So based on popular demand, we've decided to have a BOY.

Just to make you feel smart and successful, Lindsey, Ty, and Amanda. (Hee hee!)

Either gender would have been fine by us, so YAY!

(I think Steve is secretly pleased that he'll have a little guy to dress up in the munchkin-sized flight suit we found at the BX last year.)

The whole ultrasound went very well. The doctor says we both look healthy. The baby is still a fidgety little sucker (takes after me), and we got to watch him opening and closing his little mouth a whole bunch (obviously takes after me). The only thing that freaked me out is the fact that he's in the 83rd percentile, size-wise. Yikes! The doctor assured me that it has nothing to do with the size he'll be when he's born, but I'm still a little traumatized. I don't wanna deliver a gigantor baby!

I've noticed a strange phenomenon, though...All but one (Ty, if you must know) of the people that I've told about the little guy have asked the same question. Wanna see if you can guess what the super-popular question is?

8 Comments:

  • let me guess.... "what is his name?"

    either that or.... "could you see hit bits and pieces?"

    also... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 2:21 PM  

  • i'm with ReMa.... Kibbles and Bits.

    By Blogger arwen, at 8:44 PM  

  • did they ask if you're going to circumcise him or not?...a very controversial subject when having boys! -pris

    By Blogger Priscilla, at 11:29 PM  

  • and I almost forgot...congratulations that you're having a son! little boys are fun and sweet!

    By Blogger Priscilla, at 11:31 PM  

  • im with arwen and rm- did you see his doodads?!

    By Blogger tara, at 10:57 AM  

  • oooh--- but the circum thing is a good one too... I remember when that came up with a certain little meatball... gosh, I can't wait until he is old enough that I can tell him that...

    how many euphemisms can we come up with for penis and testicles? No, really ... this is a fun game!
    Twig and Berries

    By Blogger arwen, at 7:14 PM  

  • RM got it in one--it's all "Do you know what you're going to name him?" Funnily enough, no one a church asked that, only annoying co-workers I hardly know. Weird.

    Only one person asked if we could see his peas and carrots.

    No one's asked about circumcision yet, but I'm sure they'll pry about that too.

    Thanks for the congrats, y'all! We're pretty excited. Uncle Ty put the crib together on Saturday, and I couldn't resist going out and buying a bunch of cute little outfits (I think I bought everything that Carter's makes with an airplane on it--seemed only appropriate.)

    I'm going to be super-swamped (again, still) at work till Friday, so I probably won't be able to read or comment on your blogs, let alone post on mine. Have a good week!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:58 AM  

  • Gina,

    Not that I'm partial, but boys are bettter. (2 myself, not counting me). Make a mental note that you don't HAVE to buy all the Carter's stuff with airplanes on it. You just have to drop a hint to the soon to be "grandmas" and they'll all just appear on your doorstep. Speaking of Coptic Grammar.... oh wait. Let's not speak of that. But please do utilize your spellcheck. (Distain? Umm.... yeah) And since this post has already crossed all of the subject boundaries.... I vote for a boy as well, and the super annoying name should be Usama Gene Harrisson (UGH). Hope you're doing well.

    Love,

    Joe

    By Blogger Joey jo-jo jr. shabadoo, at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home