One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Monday, December 08, 2008

The Queen of Bad Timing

Leave it to me to go for two months without posting, then post something that I sort of wish I'd never posted.

It's not the end of the world, and as far as I know, the baby is okay, which is the most important thing.

But on the moving back home front, we got some very disappointing news today. A letter arrived from Boeing telling Steve that they regretfully have to cancel their offer of employment because of recent economic setbacks. So we're still stuck in Idaho with no friends, no money, and a job at a lousy company where the work is so physically demanding that it is crippling Steve's hands. So that kinda stinks.

We're not giving up on getting back home someday, but that "someday" is pushed back into the fuzzy gray future once again.

7 Comments:

  • Dangit!!

    This is my disappointed face: :[

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 11:35 PM  

  • So sorry to hear about the job. I know it's a disappointment to you and many people in Portland.

    By Blogger Alisha, at 7:56 AM  

  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo.......!

    but, on a side note, lindsey's disappointed face is 1/3 of my mustache face

    :[o

    By Blogger arwen, at 12:15 PM  

  • 2/3.
    its 2/3s of my mustache face.
    2/3.

    By Blogger arwen, at 12:16 PM  

  • Oh, me so sad for you! This must mean there is an even better job with even beter pay and even better living arrangements waiting for you just around the corner! I just HAS to mean it... just has to!

    KK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

  • Gina,
    Random comment here...we somehow don't have your current mailing address. I just got your xmas card returned to my mailbox today. So can you please drop me an email at phelpsak(at)gmail(dot)com and send along your current mailing address.
    Sorry to hear that it won't be in Portland. At least not yet.
    Rachel

    By Blogger Rachel, at 1:58 AM  

  • I don't know if I posted yet about you having another baby...YEAH! I am so happy for you and your precious family! When do we find out if it is for sure a boy?

    By Blogger Jess, at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home