One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's Finally Christmas Time!

Yes, my friends, I'm finally getting around to posting some Christmas photos. And only two and a half months after the fact, too. I'm sure you're impressed with my alacrity. (And with the fact that I just used "alacrity" in a sentence.)


We had a really great holiday with my parents and grandparents. As usual, everyone was too generous with the presents and very helpful making the Christmas feast. We had turkey and ham this year, since my Grammie loves ham but the rest of us love a good turkey dinner. I wish I had taken a picture of the table with all the food and my Christmas china and all the pretty yumminess. Guess I'll have to do that next year.



I wish I'd thought to turn the lights on before taking this picture, they were really pretty--all colorful and cheery, especially the old-school bubble lights. We also had a fake tree in the Man Room (which is painted red--the room, not the tree). That one had white lights and red and gold ornaments. Very pretty, but not as sentimental as this one.





My mom made this wreath a few years ago, and I thought I'd brag on her behalf. She's so talented and crafty. Too bad those genes didn't head my way!





Here's Bennett digging into his stocking with a little assist from his mommy. He had fun grabbing stuff out of it once he realized he could.





Here's a close up of his stocking. I did all of the embroidery myself--it took me almost 8 weeks, several hours a day. I'm really proud of how it turned out because I am NOT a crafty person and it was a lot of work. Please feel free to tell me how fabulous it is--I need the validation.





Here's Bennett all decked out in his Christmas finery. The shoes (miniature versions of Daddy's) didn't last long.




Here's Bennett playing with the toy piano Uncle Ty gave him. Uncle Ty didn't realize that the tradition of aunts and uncles giving noisy toys as gifts only works if said aunt or uncle gets to leave after the kid gets the toy. Living in the same house as the kid with the toy is sort of like shooting yourself in the foot. Or in this case, the ear.


By the way, is that not the cutest little baby hat you have ever seen? Both of my grandfathers wore that kind of hat, so I just had to get one for Bennett. I wish I had a better photo so you could see how adorable he looks in it.


Here he is opening his present from Great Grammie and Great Grandpa. As usual, he's more interested in the book than anything else. The kid is doomed to be a bookworm.


Here he's having a grand old time driving (crashing) the little Poohmobile he got from my parents. He still enjoys crashing it into everything, including the slower, dumber cat.


As the festivities wound down, Bennett and Daddy took a moment to admire the new ornaments. Bennett liked Daddy's red airplane the best because it wiggled everytime someone walked past the tree.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to posting this. A lot has been happening in the last few weeks and blogging hasn't been my top priority. I'll try to find some time soon to catch you all up on new developments and also to post pictures from Bennett's first birthday.

9 Comments:

  • Well, even though this post is a year and a half late- it was worth the wait. Bennett is SO big (I am pretty sure I say that every time you post pics)..but he is. The stocking is rediculous! How did you do that?? I consider myself a somewhat crafty girl and I would never be able to make that- it has so much detail and is super cute!

    By Blogger Tara, at 1:07 PM  

  • Tara, thanks for the stocking-related props. It's not like I just picked up a needle and decided that I'd make a Santa's workshop design. I was working from a pattern, and I'm sure you would be able to make one like it, too. And I'm guessing you wouldn't have had to call your mommy and get her to sew the embroidered part into an actual, usuable stocking. I might be able to do needlepoint (as long as I have a pattern to follow), but I can't sew.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:15 PM  

  • first of all, bennett is spectacular.

    second, your stocking is spectacular. i've convinced myself that i can't do any needle point or cross stitch or whatever that is so your very own superiority astounds me.

    third, oh my word. you people are those weirdos who get all dressed up in your sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes to "do" christmas. we are the greasy haired-pajama variety.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 8:11 AM  

  • Yes, we are the getting dressed up variety of weirdos. But we are also the sleep in to a decent hour before starting the festivities types, so it's not quite as impressive/dismaying as it could be. Once Bennett is old enough to catch on to the Christmas morning=stockings and presents, I imagine we'll be returning to the greasy hair and pajamas tradition. (I have a feeling I'm not going to like those pictures nearly as much!)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:00 PM  

  • Bennett's stocking looks great. And I'm not just saying that because you begged for affirmation. And I love his hat. I bought a similar one for a little guy I know. I think the "grandpa" style is so cute on toddlers. :)

    By Blogger Alisha, at 7:18 PM  

  • Actually,Gina, I like the sound of a baby making noise (at least when it is noise-making time).

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:29 AM  

  • Great photos, no matter when you get to post them. The good memories jump right off the screen, from that adorable stocking to that gorgeous little guy and his hat and piano and that tree in the first photo. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it (and the birthday ones, too). Glad you're enjoying the Portland photos.

    By Blogger Lynette, at 9:27 PM  

  • I'm pretty sure you are the best stcking maker I know. And as such, you need to make one for Lillyan!

    Fun! Christams in March... LOVE IT! And I love you!

    Kara Kay

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • Kara, my love, only you make can make me feel good about how long it took me to post our Christmas pictures. You are too darn cute!

    As for making a stocking for Lillyan, the next time I have 8 weeks free, I will get right on it!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home