One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, January 25, 2008

Bennett's Birthday


My precious baby is turning ONE today.

I can hardly believe it's been a whole year!


It feels like just a blink ago that we brought him home from the hospital in his fuzzy red sleepers. Somehow in the time it took for me to blink, he turned into a walking, talking, singing, pointing, clapping, laughing, learning, kissing, hugging, eating, sleeping, discovering, loving little person.
I wish you guys could be around him and see how charming and energetic and affectionate he is. I know proud mommies always say stuff like this, but he really is the most amazing little monkey. Part of me wants to freeze him at this age and keep him just as he is, all cuddly and adorable and sweet. But the other part of me knows that there are so many precious things that he will learn and do and say in the coming months and years that it would be silly to want him to stop growing up.
God really knew what he was doing when he sent Bennett our way. He's a keeper, that one.

11 Comments:

  • Happy birthday, Bennett!

    I can't believe he's already one year old. The pictures are all adorable. He looks like a lot of fun!

    By Blogger Alisha, at 7:35 AM  

  • I wanna see a picture of him in the cake shirt!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 11:18 AM  

  • Don't worry, Lindsey, I'll get lots of pictures at his party tomorrow. And maybe I'll even get around to posting them before his next birthday!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:31 PM  

  • Happy Birthday TANK!

    I love that he still has the chubbiest little cheeks!

    By Blogger Jess, at 10:13 PM  

  • His cheeks ARE the best! Even random people at stores and restaurants are always finding ways to squish them.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:55 AM  

  • fricken cute!

    wow, it's already been a year . . that was fast!

    By Blogger tabitha jane, at 1:45 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Bennett! I hope you had a great day! You sure are a cutie! Wish I could squish your cheeks! :)

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 9:55 AM  

  • Happy Belated Birthday, Bennett! We hope you enjoyed your cake and presents.

    By Blogger Campbell Family, at 1:19 PM  

  • I can't believe he is one! He looks so happy....quite the little charmer! I think if I lived near you guys, me and Tank, we would be friends. Cause he is the cutest ever.
    Oh! Send me your email address and I will send you a pic of Malak!!

    By Blogger Tara, at 1:27 PM  

  • My nephew IS the cutest, sweetest little guy I know, and i love him SOOOOO much. he's had a cold for several weeks, so I get to spend more time with him, cause he doesn't sleep soundly enough in the crib when he's sick.

    He is a charmer, and he loves his uncle. For the last week or so, he's been smiling and wanting to get hugs and kisses for a long time right after he wakes up, and sometimes before he goes to sleep: everyone should get to be around such a snuggly baby, the world would be a much happier place.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:21 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Bennett!

    He is such a cutie!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home