One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, April 16, 2010

Any One Find the Title of the Previous Post Hilarious?

You know, because it says the pictures are "new" and I posted them, oh, six months ago. I'm a bad, bad blogger.

It's not my fault, it's those darn (adorable, sweet, smart, funny, cuddly, busy, precious, practically perfect) kids. They have this nasty habit of demanding to be fed several times a day, not to mention the times they have the temerity to want my attention. Before they came along, I had tons of time at my mind-numbingly boring job to post several times a week. I even did weekly Top 8 lists which kept me very amused (not so much anyone else, but since a blog is basically a diary for those of us narcissistic enough to think other people want to read our pointless ramblings, I don't really care if they amused anyone but me). Now it's been so long that I wasn't sure if I should ever bother to post here again because it's so embarrassing to have such a huge gap between posts. But I have my own little red netbook thingy now (thanks to my awesome husband and brother--best Christmas EVER), so I have a little more freedom to blog and still be a decent mother. Till I got the netbook, I had to do all my computing upstairs, but the boys do all their playing downstairs, which we in the business call a dilemma.

"But Gina," you say, "Christmas was almost four months ago, and you're just now getting around to blogging again? What took you so long?"

An excellent question, Imaginary Blog Reader.

Mostly, it was because I was busy being a good mom, good wife, good daughter, good sister, good granddaughter, relatively decent friend, and terrible-horrible-awful-dispicable-reviled daughter-in-law. The usual. But a little of it was because we've had about 6 days since Christmas when everyone in the household was healthy at the same time. And the rest of it was the afore-mentioned hesitance to post when it had been so long since the last one. The bigger the gap, the greater my reluctance to post and draw attention to my laxity. Vicious circle blahblahblah fishcakes.

Anyway, tonight I have insomnia, so I decided to post something. But it's super boring and self-centered, so now I'm tempted to delete it without posting. But I suppose that would be dumb, so I'll just post it and then post something slightly more interesting right after this. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!