One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Name Game

Remember how I mentioned that (because of certain hyper-critical, passive-aggressive people in our lives) we aren't going to tell people our baby's name until the ink is dry on the birth certificate?

Remember how I remarked upon the sheer number of people who began asking what we were naming the baby as soon as we found out we're having a boy?

Remember how I said I was going to come up with some completely heinous (bogus) name to tell the nosy, pushy people who were just dying to know the name we've picked?

Presenting our bogus baby name:

Tiberius Aristotle Narcissus Kortan. (T.A.N.K. for short.)

I figure that after THAT, anything we actually do decide to put on the birth certificate will be a source of joyous relief.

Now...if I can just keep a straight face when I tell people.

(Feel free to offer other suggestions for heinous baby boy names--just avoid initial combinations that would be banned everywhere but HBO.)

11 Comments:

  • LOVE IT! You should really consider going with that one. He sounds... like Saturday afternoon fun!

    Tank. I mean Thank you for the laugh.

    By Blogger Kara Deal, at 4:53 PM  

  • Oh, Gina... I miss you... :) You are pretty much, as Rebecca Marie would say, comprised of awesome.
    and I agree with my new stalker-- I mean friend:)-- KK... you should think about sticking with TANK... it's good stuff!

    By Blogger arwen, at 8:23 PM  

  • I'll keep it under consideration, but I'm 99% sure I'm not really going to name my firstborn TANK. (Partly because I'm the one who has to give birth to him, and I don't want to run the risk that he'll live up to the name.)

    Arwen, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to have you deem me "comprised of awesome." Even if it did follow a "pretty much" qualifier.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:48 AM  

  • oh please name him that for real. that name is spectacular.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 12:11 PM  

  • If not Tank, why not something like Yanni Ulysses Kortan...Yuk for short?!? Please oh please!

    By Blogger Priscilla, at 12:49 PM  

  • Pris, that's just not right! (But it IS funny, and therefore tempting.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:44 PM  

  • I'm sorry Gina, I couldn't resist...and I think your new little man will be gorgeous and perfect! And I am sure you are going to give him an awesome name!

    By Blogger Priscilla, at 12:33 AM  

  • if you name your son Yanni, you will PRETTY MUCH not be comprised of awesome...

    By Blogger arwen, at 10:05 AM  

  • i saw a lady who worked at joanne fabrics today and her name was "pepsee"....i know youre having a boy but i think its very versatile. think about it. pray about it.

    By Blogger tara, at 3:24 PM  

  • Pepsee ulysses Norton Kortan...PUNK for short? Any takers? Just trying to tie them all together. You know, you really should let all the blogmunity name your child...for reals. I mean, what better way to show your loyalty? That should be the new bloglandia rule...new child, we get naming rights! Hmmm...this could get good!

    By Blogger Jess, at 11:01 PM  

  • What great ideas you all have. Really, you're ever so helpful.¡

    I'll take all of your ideas under consideration. Really, I will.¡

    And also? Hehehehehe!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home