One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, January 11, 2008

Cross Your Fingers and Say Your Prayers

I had these good intentions of posting pictures of Bennett's first Christmas (many of them taken with our nifty new camera--thanks, Mom and Dad and Grammie and Grandpa!), but it's probaby a little late for that now. Actually, now that I think of it, I included Halloween pictures in my Dec. 19 post, so I guess I still have about a month to get around to posting the Christmas pictures. I'm hoping I'll be too busy to get around to it, though, and here's why:

Steve has a phone interview with Boeing (Troutdale) on Monday!

It's for a Quality Assurance Inspector position, and he's done every single thing listed in the job description, so there's no question that he's qualified. The thing that makes us nervous about his chances is Boeing's reputation for promoting from within (it's a great thing if you already work there, but not so great when you're trying to get hired). The last two places in Portland where he interviewed hired someone from within the company, so we're hoping that the third time will be the charm. This is pretty much his dream job, and it has the added bonus of getting us back home, so we would REALLY appreciate your prayers.

Of course, if he does get it, we're also going to need prayers for our house/logistical situation. The QA job is a good one, but it doesn't pay enough for us to pay both our mortgage and rent on a place in Portland, so we're going to have to come up with a solution to that little issue. We're talking about leasing our house here, but it would be much nicer to just sell it and be done with it.

So here I am again, asking all of my readers (all four of you) for prayers. We really, really want Steve to get this job! So if you'd put a bug in God's ear about your preferences on the subject, that would be great!

Thanks!

8 Comments:

  • Creed from The Office is Quality Assurance for Dundler-Mifflin. I can see Steve in a Creed-type position.

    By Blogger Sharkdog, at 4:34 PM  

  • Maybe we can find some mung beans for him to keep in his desk.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:30 PM  

  • Prayers and crossed fingers from Reader #4!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 5:44 PM  

  • Well, I'll add a prayer.
    Your little one is adorable.

    By Blogger ellen, at 7:22 AM  

  • Thanks, Ellen. That's really sweet of you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:08 PM  

  • I'm certainly praying for Steve and you and the rest of the family, for all of the reasons you've mentioned. Prayer is powerful.

    Thanks for visiting and commenting at my blog. Yes, at least part of the building where Mama is, maybe all of it, used to be a hospital. One of the women at work was born there in 1947. That's the same year I was born, down in Mississippi.

    By Blogger Lynette, at 8:40 AM  

  • Thanks, Lynette. It means a lot to us to have your prayers. I hope all the prayers everyone is saying for your Mama are powerful and effective!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:11 PM  

  • consider it prayed. I hope steve gets the job. tell him to look me up in the white pages if he gets the job. oh, and come on gina, you know we are all here for the bennette pictures so keep it up girl! just kidding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home