One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, April 14, 2006

Ah, Much Better: Top 8 Shows From My Childhood That Have Held Up Pretty Well

Last week , I talked about the Top 8 TV shows I loved as a kid that just haven't stood the test of time. Lest ye think that I have a negative attitude about all old-school television, I decided to present the companion list.

Sadly, it was much more difficult to compile a list of 8 old shows that are still just as enjoyable today as they were in yesteryear. (I have enough lame TV shows to have made another "didn't hold up" list, but I decided that would be too negative.)

I'd love to know if you think I've left any clearly timeless shows out of the list.

1.) The Muppet Show

2.) The Dick Van Dyke Show

3.) Newhart

4.) M*A*S*H*

5.) The Mary Tyler Moore Show

6.) The Bob Newhart Show

7.) Cheers

8.) The Carol Burnett Show

Disclaimer: I'm probably older and lazier than anyone who reads this blog. That means I've spent a lot more time, both chronological and agregate, watching TV than you. With all those television-watching opportunities, I probably watched shows when I was a kid that you never would have considered watching. That's your loss, Baby--you wasted your time playing outside and participating in sports. Maybe if you pay close attention and try very hard, you can learn to be as cool as I am.

4 Comments:

  • Happy Days almost made the list...it would have been there if I did a Top 10 instead of a Top 8. I omitted it because of how lame it got after Richie and Joanie grew up.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:14 PM  

  • I'd be tempted to include Magnum P.I., Northern Exposure and Hogans Heroes, then again, I have trouble separating actual quality from personal entertainment value.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:06 AM  

  • I don't remember if it was quality or not, but do we remember Small Wonder? Of course we do, but how easily we forget... It wouldn't be on my list, I just saw a picture of the girl/ robot in the red dress and said "oh yeah! I don't think I watched that!" So, this is actually a really pointless comment. My deepest apologies.

    By Blogger arwen, at 3:47 PM  

  • Ah, Small Wonder. Truly one of the worst shows of all time. I remember watching that show on Saturdays (which is always a TV wasteland, but even moreso back in the day) when I was in Middle School. Man, that show was BAD. It was the worst show in a lineup that included She's the Sheriff and Out of This World. That's saying something.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home