One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Disturbing

My blogging about ridiculous celebrity baby names and Classic Rock has merged in my subconscious to create the most upsetting dream:

I was meeting a good friend's baby for the first time, and they proudly announced that they'd named him Lynyrd Skynyrd. They were just sure I would love it because I like "Freebird" and "Gimme Three Steps." All I could do was stand there, mouth a-gape, trying desperately to come up with a tactful response. All I could say was, "Really? Really? Oh. Like the band."

Ever notice how your diplomacy goes to sleep when you do, and wakes up a few hours after you do?

6 Comments:

  • i wonder how many people there are named leonard skinner. cause names like that happen by mistake, all the time. you name a kid... years later something is famous with that name... that is awesome.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 3:55 PM  

  • I learned on a particularly informative installment of VH1's Behind the Music that Lynyrd Skynyrd the band named themselves after a High School PE teacher named Leonard Skinner.

    And now you know.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:05 PM  

  • If you have a baby, you should name him "The Partridge Family".

    By Blogger RoniZee, at 4:49 PM  

  • Hee! While I was doing a little wikipedia fact-checking for my celebrity baby names list, I found Frank Zappa's discography and toyed with the idea of making a favorite album name list. (Insert Twilight Zone theme music here.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:35 PM  

  • Back about 100 years or so when I was in school there was a kid named Harry Butts..really really. Ain't no kiddin there. Can you imagine!

    By Blogger dodyb, at 9:24 PM  

  • Oh dear. That's just tragic. Child abuse, if you ask me. (But I won't pretend I wouldn't be tempted to do something like that if my last name lent itself to punniness.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home