One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I Was Going to Blog...

...But then TANK got the hiccups for the first (noticable) time, and I'm far too amused by the whole thing to actually sit here and think of something to write.

As for the hiccups thing, it's pretty hilarious. My tummy (up near my rib cage, near the center) seems to have it's own (slow) heartbeat because the hiccups are pretty rythymic. And they kind of tickle. But TANK doesn't seem to like them, so on top of having the sensation of a croaking bullfrog throat in my torso, he's also putting up an admirable fight. So it's all: thump-thump, pummel, thump-thump, punch, kick, thump-thump. And you can see a good share of the action if you watch my tummy. It's either adorable or freaky. (Freaky if you've see Alien.)

I kind of hope it keeps up for a while, because it's far more entertaining than work.

Speaking of entertainment, my parents enjoy telling me about the time that I got really bad hiccups in church a little while before I was born. Evidently, my antics were so hilarious that they had to leave the auditorium because Dad was in danger of disrupting the sermon with his uncontrollable laughing at Mom's jumping belly. See, I was a troublemaker even before I was born!

2 Comments:

  • That feeling of having such a funny little thing in my tummy is the ONLY thing i loved about being pregnant. I also sometimes got a little creeped out by the whole thing. Actually the whole pregnant thing is sort of creepy to me when I really think about it. Anyway, all of that to say...
    How cute!

    By Blogger Jess, at 9:35 PM  

  • Yeah, it can be a little freaky, especially when he's been still for a while and then he really hauls off and tries to knock me into next week.

    All the squirming around is my favorite part, too. That, and everyone being so nice and helpful to the pregnant lady. =)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home