One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Friday, August 04, 2006

There's Nothing Like a Dame: Top 8 Old Hollywood Ladies

After several weeks of drooling over handsome actors, I think it's only fair to give a little credit to the classic women of Old Hollywood. It's a rare woman today who can hold a candle to the elegance, beauty, and sophistication of these ladies in their prime. Each is stunning in her own right, and it was almost impossible to rank them, so I didn't try very hard--the order is basically random.

My favorites include...

1.) Elizabeth Taylor









2.) Ingrid Bergman









3.) Veronica Lake








4.) Sophia Loren









5.) Marilyn Monroe









6.) Audrey Hepburn








7.) Grace Kelly










8.) Vivien Leigh








I found it so difficult to limit myself to a Top 8 that I decided to include a bonus list this time.

Honorable Mention:

1.) Heddy Lamar









2.) Ava Gardner










3.) Rita Hayworth










4.) Cyd Charisse









5.) Bridgette Bardot








6.) Leslie Caron









7.) Katherine Hepburn










8.) Natalie Wood









Sorry the pictures are so small. Blogger was giving me fits and this is all I could manage.

12 Comments:

  • Who can argue with THAT List? Wait...someone will. I wonder who?

    By Blogger dodyb, at 5:25 PM  

  • oh yes, ingrid... the worlds most sexy lesbian of EVER.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 5:27 PM  

  • I've heard a lot of things about Ingrid Bergman, but I've never heard that. She sure did cause a commotion committing adultry with Isabella Rossalini's father for no good reason if she really liked the ladies better.

    I'm waiting for Ty to say something about Veronica Lake, but he might not be able to form complete sentence where she's concerned.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:32 PM  

  • Well put, Gina. Well put.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 PM  

  • I must say that Audry would have to be my nuber one! but all others fall into place!

    By Blogger Kara Deal, at 2:05 PM  

  • Oh, good list Gina! Good pregnant list!

    By Blogger Kara Deal, at 2:05 PM  

  • oh oh oh... you know who i was thinking of when i said that?? greta garbo. der.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, at 11:23 PM  

  • Okay, Greta Garbo makes a lot more sense.

    Kara, I gave up trying to put them in order, so you can rearrange it any way you like. Considering her devotion to helping children and refugees, I certainly think that Audrey Hepburn was one of the most admirable people on the list, not to mention most charming. And so uniquely beautiful--she aged incredibly well, too.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:46 AM  

  • Lets hope that the newest Kortan has your taste when it comes to actors/actresses. Amazing list.

    By Blogger Christi, at 3:13 PM  

  • Christi, I'm flattered. And don't worry, I'll do my best to raise the baby right---there will be much old-movie-watching and good-music-listening, not to mention yucky-onion-shunning. SOMEONE in their generation needs to have good taste! =P

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:49 PM  

  • Wait... Spock? Do you think that I was the one to argue with the list? Just because I argue with EVERY LIST ever made? I can't help it. It's in my nature.

    I'm not going to argue. I'm going to tell you that if I had to look like anyone on the list, it would be Sophia Loren. Gorgeous. Even now. With her giant glasses.
    and honorary mention? I would have Bardot's hair. I'm SOOOOOOOO envious.... cause my hair is flat. Always. Every day. Even when I get a perm.

    What the frick? Ingrid Bergmand was a Thespian? I like her daughter.... she's helplessly gorgeous....

    By Blogger arwen, at 8:15 PM  

  • Arwen, good choice with Sophia. What is she, 70? And she's STILL hotter than I've ever been. It's not fair! (No wonder Cary Grant had such a hard time getting over her...she seems to be the only woman who ever broke his heart.)

    I don't know who I'd choose to look like from this list...I'm pretty sure I'd be thrilled with even vaguely resembling any of them.

    As for Ingrid Bergman...no, she liked the men. Maybe a little too much. RM had her momentarily confused with the other Nordic beauty, Greta Garbo. There's been a great deal of suspicion regarding her preferences.

    And also, yes. Isabella Rossalini is stunning. And aging well, too.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home