One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Try Not to Cry

I'm not posting my Top 8 list until Monday. I know it will be terribly painful and traumatic for you to wait so long, but I know you're strong bloggers and you will survive.

I'm leaving for the Portland area in a few minutes--Ty and I are driving out to attend Kelsey and Corey's wedding on Saturday. Mom and I are doing some of their flowers, so I won't have much time for socializing--but I do hope I get a chance to do some tax-free shopping (I think it's time for some maternity pants). It's going to be a whirlwind trip, but we hope we'll be able to see a few of you at the wedding or at Renovatus (if we can make it) on Sunday.

Please say some special travel-luck prayers for Jeb and Priscilla--they're flying to Ecuador today and the security for international flights is going to be a nightmare. Not to mention that the airlines won't be holding planes for delayed passengers even though security is slowing things down to a near standstill.

Man, I'm glad we decided to drive...

7 Comments:

  • well. I'm glad you've decided to go to Portland this weekend. Hope you have fun. Maybe you could come say hi at the starbucks on 23rd where I USED to work.

    you guys... never in the same place at the same time.
    wait.... are you avoiding me? did I make a bad impression? do I smell funny?
    crap.

    By Blogger arwen, at 4:19 PM  

  • If you make it to Renovatus say Hi to Ken. I will be a the fair being a judge. What kind of judge you ask? Guess :)

    By Blogger dodyb, at 10:59 AM  

  • Arwen, YOU'RE the one who decided to go back to Moscow 4 days before we came to Portland. We had no say in Kelsey and Corey's wedding date. You just HAD to get out of town before there was a chance you'd run into us.

    And also, it's time you were told: Yes, you smell funny. You smell like a burger. I don't like you anymore.

    Dody, We were bummed when we figured out you weren't at Renovatus on Sunday. But it was nice to see Ken and all the other old friends we got to visit with.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:08 AM  

  • sad face :(

    ok. thank you for letting me know about be the smell.. I have suspected it for some time, but you have been the only friend good enough to tell me the truth.
    Friends forever
    Burgermeister

    By Blogger arwen, at 11:39 AM  

  • You're welcome.* I'm always there for you.

    *I was afraid that burger reference was too obscure. I modified it from "taste" to "smell." It's from the not-popular-enough movie Wet Hot American Summer.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:06 PM  

  • Sorry I missed you, Gina! Next time?

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 12:32 AM  

  • Steve and I are hoping to schedule our anniversary trip (to the coast) to coincide with TLC Sunday, so we'll have a chance to see as many of our friends as we can. If we don't get to see you then, there's always next summer. (We won't be able to come out for the holidays because I'll be too pregnant by then--I think I announced it while you were out of town, Lindsey.)

    Speaking of next summer, please feel free to start praying that Steve will find a great job that will bring us back to Portland when he retires in June.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home