One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Monday, January 08, 2007

He Couldn't Help It, He Was Born That Way

I had to giggle at this little tidbit (not the extortion thing, just one of the details):

A 36-year-old man has been arrested and charged with attempting to extort $1.5 million from TV titan Oprah Winfrey. A criminal complaint filed in Chicago, Illinois' District Court claims Atlanta, Georgia man Keifer Bonvillain, 36, targeted "a public figure and owner of a Chicago-based company". Local newspapers The Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times have named Winfrey as the victim in question. Bonvillain is accused of illegally recording conversations with a Winfrey employee he met at a party over two years ago.

Did you happen to catch the accused man's name? Keifer Bonvillain! Are you freakin' kidding me? He has the word "villain" in his name! His last name literally means "good villain." He was born to be Spiderman's arch nemesis.

Anyone who would trust a dude with the last name Bonvillain is asking for trouble, that's all I'm saying.

4 Comments:

  • We were meant for each other, Gina. It's destiny. I thought the exact same thing. "So is he a good villain, or is he a really well behaved villain?" Things to wonder about as I go through my day...

    By Blogger Meg, at 5:38 PM  

  • I've mulled it over for about 24 hours, and I think "good" in this case would mean "talented." Except he got caught, so that shoots that theory down.

    Guess more pondering is in order...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:08 PM  

  • Ok, so sorry for not commenting on your post, but I just wanted to tell you that I can't believe your practically having your baby right now! I was just telling my mom that your pregnancy went way toooo fast. Its cool and Im excited for you, but I think your TANK is like 6 months early. (though Im sure you think otherwise!)

    By Blogger Lisa, at 5:33 PM  

  • Lisa,

    Sometimes it feels like I've been pregnant forever, but most of the time it seems like it's gone really fast. I'm sure I wouldn't feel that way if I'd had a more difficult time of it, but since there haven't been any major problems, time's been flying.

    Steve and I spent some time last night trying to get some things finished up in the nursery. Pretty much all that's left now is to get some non-baby stuff out of the closet and pack the diaper bag and the going-to-the-hospital bag. I'm down to about 23 days till my due date! This time next month, I'm gonna be a Mom! Crazy!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home