One Feisty Blog

Background pictures courtesy of Laila

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Shoes, Baby!

Okay, it's probably no surprise to anyone reading this that I love me some shoes. I confess, I have about 50 pairs. (But in my defense, keep in mind: a) this collection represents about a decade's worth of shoe hoarding, b) about 1/3 of them are cheap flip-flops, and c) I always get my shoes for really amazing prices--so don't think I'm too spoiled or greedy or materialistic--I work with people who spend more on one pair than I spend on 20.)

This Christmas was a good year, shoe-wise. Mom got me 3 pairs of darling heels, the cutest of which would make Barbie jealous. Sadly, all three pairs are open-toed, so they'll have to wait a while to make their debuts.

For now, I'll have to make do with this little bit of awesomeness:


It actually gives me something to look forward to every morning at work.

This gives you an idea of what the pages look like:

It may be the best calendar ever compiled. It could keep me entertained for hours! Sadly, I'm not even exaggerating. It's only the forth day of the year, and I've already got two pairs of shoes that I'm madly in love with. And the nice part about them existing only in pictures (at least for me) is that I'll never get a blister or break a heel. It's a groovy kind of love.

9 Comments:

  • GINAKORTAN! I'm ashamed to know you.

    There is no passage in the bible that says that you can't wear open toes in the winter in Boise.

    It's like I don't even know you anymore...

    By Blogger arwen, at 12:04 PM  

  • Okay, I'll tell the truth:

    I'm refusing to wear the open toed shoes until warmer weather because I'm ashamed. I'm ashamed of the dismal state of my pedicure--I can't really reach my toes to paint them, and I can't convince Killer to do it for me.

    I'm going to be vain and wait till Tank is out of the way and I'm up to leaning over far enough to get my toes pretty enough to be seen by the general public. (I would go to a salon and get a pedicure, but I think I should be responsible and save my money for diapers.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:22 PM  

  • I know I replied to this once already...ergh.

    Anywhoozle...
    Brian gave me a coupon in my Christmas stocking that reads, "Valid as reason to buy 1 pair of shoes without me griping." He didn't put a price limit on it. *insert evile grin here* There are some great shoes at Target, with ZEBRA stripes on them, that bring out my inner white trash just BEE-YEW-TI-FULLY.

    (Requisite warning: NSFW, but still incredibly funny. Because, well, it's SHEWS, betch. http://youtube.com/watch?v=pHFC6rlGsH8)

    By Blogger Meg, at 12:31 PM  

  • Meg,

    That might be the best Christmas present EVER! Your hubby is a genius.

    And I am all about the animal prints. One of the pairs of shoes that I'm lusting over from my fancy schmancy calendar is a pair of leopard print stilettos with a teensy little strap at the ankle. They're HAWT. (And you should definitely indulge your white trash side--it's FUN. And since you live in OKC, it'll help you fit in.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:58 PM  

  • Gina, Gina, Gina...as a mother of three I hereby declare that you NEED to go get a pedi. Your body is going through so much right now, and your feet are bearing the brunt of it. They need to be pampered. YOU need to be pampered. Get those tootsies some LOVIN'!

    And because I'm not sure if the link worked, and it's so worth watching...

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pHFC6rlGsH8

    SHEWS. omigod, SHEWS.

    By Blogger Meg, at 8:34 PM  

  • That video is hilarious!

    "Stupid boy!"

    You're probably right--I'll have to see about getting a pedi...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:09 AM  

  • Are your feet still the same size?? Mine got so fat all i could wear were flip flops (not too good for this time of year.)

    When I was prego I knew there was a time I wouldn't be able to get to my toes...my plan was to get acryllics (sp?) put on them so I wouldn't have to bother. I kept forgetting, so my good friend Jess did my toes for me. What a great gal!

    I think I might actually do that fake nail thing this time...(It works OH SO GOOD! I highly reccomend it.)

    By Blogger Jess, at 10:45 PM  

  • My feet are probably a half-size bigger, but most of my shoes that worked before still work. They're just harder to get into because my balance isn't what it used to be...and it was never anything to write home about!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:48 AM  

  • great shoes!...looks fantastic...It would be great if i get the same pair from my josef seibel shoe brand....

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home